Title: Assistant Professor of Psychology
Lab: Initiatives Supporting Positive Youth Relationships (INSPYRE)
University of Akron, B.A. Psychology, 2010,
University of Arkansas, M.A. Clinical Psychology, 2013,
University of Arkansas, Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, 2017
Current Instructor: Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Psychology and Problems of Sociey, and
Research Interests: Clinical Child Psychology, School Bullying, Adolescent Dating Violence, Prevention
Science, Community-based Interventions
Phone: (316) 978-3759
Office: Jabara Hall Rm 427
My research aims to develop and evaluate interventions that reduce risk and promote
healthy relationships in underserved youth. I am specifically interested in the prevention
of school bullying, dating violence and gang-related violence. I am involved in several
projects related to evaluating school-based interventions to help chronically bullied
children and adolescent girls at-risk for dating violence. I conduct my work in community
and school settings to increase access to services for underserved and vulnerable
- Gregus, S.J., Hernandez Rodriguez, J., Pastrana, F.A., Craig, J.T., McQuillin, S.D. & Cavell, T.A.
(2017). Teacher self-efficacy and intentions to use recommended anti-bullying practices
as predictors of children’s peer victimization. School Psychology Review.
- Bridges, A.J., Cavell, T.A., Ojeda, C., Gregus, S.J., & Gomez, D. (2017). Doctoral training in integrated behavioral health care: Dipping
a toe or diving in. The Behavior Therapist, 40 (5), 169-179.
- Bridges, A.J., Villalobos, B.T., Anastasia, E.A., Dueweke, A.R., Gregus, S.J., Cavell, T.A. (2017). Need, access, and the reach of integrated care: A typology of
patients. Families, Systems, and Health, 35 (2), 193-206.
- Craig, J.T., Gregus, S.J., Burton, A., Hernandez Rodriguez, J., Blue, M., Faith, M.A., & Cavell, T.A. (2016).
Exploring change processes in school-based mentoring for bullied children. Journal of Primary Prevention, 37, 1-9.
- Craig, J.T., Gregus, S.J., Elledge, L.C., Pastrana, F.A., & Cavell, T.A. (2016). Preliminary investigation of
the relation between lunchroom peer acceptance and peer victimization. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 43, 101-111.
- Gregus, S.J., Craig, J.T., Hernandez Rodriguez, J., Pastrana, F.A., & Cavell, T.A. (2015). Lunch
Buddy mentoring for children victimized by peers: Two pilot studies. Journal of Applied School Psychology, 31, 167-197.
- Bridges, A.J., Gregus, S.J., Hernandez Rodriguez, J., Andrews, A.R., Villalobos, B.T., Pastrana, F.A., & Cavell,
T.A. (2015). Diagnoses, intervention strategies, and rates of functional improvement
in integrated behavioral health care patients. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 83, 590-601.
- Gregus, S.J., Rummell, C.M., Rankin, T.J., & Levant, R.F. (2014). Women’s experiences of sexual
attention: A cross sectional study of United States university students. International Journal of Sexual Health, 26, 239-257.
- Gomez, D., Bridges, A.J., Andrews, A.R., Cavell, T.A., Pastrana, F.A., Gregus, S.J., & Ojeda, C.A. (2014). Delivering parent management training in an integrated primary
care setting: Description and preliminary outcome data. Journal of Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 21, 296-309.
- Hernandez Rodriguez, J., Gregus, S. J., Craig, J. T., Pastrana, F. A., & Cavell, T. A. (2014). Bullied Children. In C. Alfano & D. Beidel (Eds.), Comprehensive Evidence-Based Interventions for
School-Aged Children and Adolescents. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley & Sons.