- Strong academic record and evidence of potential to succeed in a difficult graduate program
- Motivation and drive to achieve excellence
- Demonstrated commitment to rural/underserved populations, service, leadership, and personal and professional growth
- Compassion, humility, teachability and a value for human dignity and equality
- Respect for patient-centered, collaborative care
- Flexibility to make rapid transitions, along with maturity in handling stressful situations
- Appreciation of the unique opportunity to become a member of the PA profession
- Financial resources sufficient to support themselves without working
- The Central Application Service for Physician Assistant (CASPA) Applications will be available beginning April 30, 2020 at https://portal.caspaonline.org/.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all official transcripts (with required core science prerequisite coursework completed with a grade) and other materials are received, *complete and verified by CASPA before the September 1st deadline.
- Our program requires 4 letters of recommendation.
NOTE: We encourage early submission to allow CASPA processing to be complete by September 1st. Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered or returned.
*Complete and Verified Definition: Applicants must have their application verified (GPA calculated) by the deadline date. Applications must be completed (e-submitted, payment received, transcripts received, and 4 letters of recommendation received) at least four weeks in advance of the deadline to ensure the application is verified on time.
- After the WSU PA Program has received your CASPA application and determined that you have met minimum admission requirements, a link to the Supplemental Application with the assigned deadline for submission, will be emailed to you.
- The purpose of the supplemental application is to collect additional information not collected in the CASPA application.
- The $75 Supplemental Application fee is due by the assigned deadline. The fee is non-refundable and payable online.
- Application to the WSU Graduate School is a separate process from the CASPA application and the supplemental application. It is required to be eligible for the admission process and must be submitted each admission cycle.
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended must be included in the application. If admitted, it is the responsibility of the applicant to send required official transcripts to the WSU Graduate School.
- Applications must be submitted by September 1st. To access complete application go to Application for Admission to Graduate School Web Page.
- The application fee is $60.
- Acceptance into the WSU PA Program is contingent on acceptance by the Graduate School.
*Applicants with foreign coursework must apply to the WSU Graduate School and be admitted prior to submitting the CASPA application.
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, status as a veteran, genetic information or disability. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Director of Equal Opportunity, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita KS 67260-0205; telephone 316-978-6791.