Note: If you are Faculty/Staff, Visit VPN Setup Instructions for Faculty/Staff
Set up VPN
- Go to: vpn-student.wichita.edu
- Log in with your WSU ID and password
- Select Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent.
- A GlobalProtect installer package will open. Press OK.
- The Installer will launch. Press Continue several times, until you come to the final installation page, and the button reads
- Press Install.
- Enter your password when prompted and press Install Software.
- If you receive the message System Extension Blocked, select Open Security Preferences.
- Next to “System software from developer ‘Palo Alto Networks’ was blocked…” Press Allow. Close the Security & Privacy Settings screen.
- Once installed, you will receive a message that the installation was successful. Press
- You can access GlobalProtect from its globe icon in the upper right of your menu. Click on the globe to continue
- Portal Address: Enter vpn-student.wichita.edu, then press Connect.
- When prompted, enter with your WSUID and Password. Press Sign In.
Day to Day Use
In the future, when you would like to connect, select the Global Protect icon from the upper right menu.
- Press Connect. You will be connected to the VPN with the settings you originally entered.
- To Disconnect, select the Global Connect icon, and press Disconnect.