Note: If you are Faculty/Staff, Visit VPN Setup Instructions for Faculty/Staff
Download and install VPN
- Go to: vpn-student.wichita.edu
- Log in with your WSU ID and password
- Select 32 Bit or 64 Bit from the list of options
- Not sure what version you need? Press your windows key and type “bit version.” Select
“see if you have 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows” from the search results.
- Not sure what version you need? Press your windows key and type “bit version.” Select “see if you have 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows” from the search results.
- In the popup that appears, press Save File.
- Keep the default location and press Save
- The Setup Wizard will launch. Press Next until you come to the final section that reads “Click ‘Next’ to start installation.”
- Press Next to confirm the installation to begin.
- You will receive a message when the program is successfully installed. Press Close
- The VPN program will likely launch automatically after installation, but if it does
not, you will be able to access it by clicking on the Hidden Icons (arrow) button, and selecting the GlobalProtect icon (globe).
- The first time you connect, you will need to enter the portal address. : vpn-student.wichita.edu
- When prompted, enter your WSUID and password. Press Sign In.
Day to Day Use
In the future, when you would like to connect, go to More Icons arrow, and select the GlobalProtect icon.
- Press Connect. You will be connected to the VPN with the settings you originally entered.
- To Disconnect, select the Global Connect icon, and press Disconnect.
Contact ITS Help Desk with any issues at (316) 978-4357, option 1 for assistance.