About the Office for Student Money Management
The Office for Student Money Management (OSMM -- pronounced “awesome”) provides FREE personal finance education -- for students, by students. If you're struggling to manage your finances, you can get help from our certified peer financial coaches.
In our office, you can:
- Talk with a certified peer financial coach, have your financial needs evaluated and receive confidential advice in a comfortable environment.
- Create a financial survival plan for college.
- Learn how to identify and track expenses during and after college.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Access free tax preparation software.
- Locate external financial education resources.
- Learn how to gain additional financial resources such as scholarships, financial aid, and part-time employment/work study or government assistance.
- Create a personalized financial plan for your remaining time until graduation.
- Learn how to obtain, interpret and understand your personal credit report / score.
- Understand the impact of identity theft and learn how to avoid it.
- Graduate with a plan for repaying your student loans and personal debt.
- Discover other offices and agencies on campus or in the community that could provide assistance you may need.
There are some services we cannot provide:
- Bankruptcy counseling
- Mortgage and refinancing counseling
- Investment advice
- Contacting creditors
- Selection of a financial institution
- Selection of financial planning services
- Retirement planning
115 Neff Hall
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Need an appointment outside of these office hours? No worries - contact us!