President's Award for Distinguished Service
Each year the WSU community is invited to submit nominations of outstanding Unclassified Professional (UP) and University Support Staff (USS) employees for the President’s Award for Distinguished Service. These awards recognize the dedication and excellence of UP/USS employees who have provided exemplary, dedicated and caring service to the WSU community that is beyond the expectations of the duties and responsibilities of their position. Selected honorees are recognized at the annual Shocker Pride Celebration.
To be eligible, nominees must be:
- a permanent, UP or USS employee;
- with at least a .5 appointment;
- and minimum of 1 year of service at WSU.
Nomination Rules and Processes:
- The nomination should clearly illustrate the significant accomplishments / services exhibited by the nominee that is beyond the expectations of the duties and responsibilities of their position.
- Nomination form and two additional letters of support are required.
- A total of four UP awardees and four USS awardees will be selected each year.
- Each year begins a new process. People who have been previously nominated but have not won an award may be nominated again.
- Previous award winners are not eligible nominees.
- All submitted materials become the property of the selection committee.