What is Elements?
Elements is a juried multi-media art competition that students may submit up to six (6) works for consideration. The panel of jurors, comprised of Wichita and surrounding community artists, will select a Best of Show as well as first and second place winners in each division.
Students wishing to participate may submit up to six pieces in any of the five categories offered. Monetary prizes are awarded to winners in all categories including an Audience Choice Award.
Any student currently enrolled at Wichita State University is eligible to enter. Each entrant must present a Shocker I.D. when submitting entries.
- Ceramics: Kiln-fired clay; glazed or unglazed.
- Drawing: Pencil, ink, charcoal, pastel or crayon.
- Mixed Media: Two or more media, incorporating any number of materials. This category will also include forms of digital art.
- Painting: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, casein, or tempera.
- Printmaking: Relief, intaglio, lithography, mono prints, and screen-printing
NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Each artist may submit up to six (6) entries in any combination of the divisions.
2 Dimensional Works
- All two-dimensional works must be prepared for hanging.
- Any submitted work without a hanging device will be disqualified.
- Devices may include wire hanger, wooden ledges or binder clips.
- The Cadman Staff do not allow the use of 3m strips or command hooks.
3 Dimensional Works
- Three-dimensional works intended for display should not exceed an 18” x 18” footprint.
- Exceptions are made to freestanding works, works with their own pedestals.
- Previous Elements entries may not be submitted.
- Entries which do not have hanging devices will not be accepted.