How to Exhibit
- Develop artwork and concept for an exhibition
- Complete a Cadman Art Gallery Exhibitor Application
- Present your exhibit proposal to the Cadman Art Gallery Selection Board
- If selected, you will meet with the Gallery Supervisor to schedule installation, review marketing campaign and coordinate an artist reception
- Exposure of artwork in a high traffic venue, Rhatigan Student Center
- Guidance in how to design and install your own exhibit
- Support in creating an effective campus-wide marketing campaign
- Host your own reception with the support of Student Involvement
Applications due Tuesday, April 21
- Submit the online documents to indicate your interest in exhibiting in the Cadman Art Gallery
- The galllery coordinator will follow-up to schedule an interview with the selection panel
- Create a 10-15 minute presentation
- Presentations to the selection committee will be conducted using Zoom, screen sharing permissions will be granted to artist.
Selection Committee Interview
Tuesday, April 28
- The gallery coordinator will schedule an interview with you. Interviews take place on the date listed above and occur every 20 minutes beginning at 6 p.m.
- Prepare to present about your exhibit in front of the selection panel for 10-15 mins.
- Selection Committee Interviews will be conducted via Zoom, artists should prepare their presentation using powerpoint
Presentation should include
- Information about artist(s)
- Purpose of exhibit
- 3-4 Examples of work
- Why the artist(s) wishes to exhibit the work
Artist should be prepared to answer the following questions
- How do you plan to fill the gallery space (number of pieces, size of pieces)?
- When will the collection of works be ready to exhibit?
Following the Interview
- The applicant will be notified about the status their of application. If selected, the message will include the proposed time slot and the location assigned for their show.