Basic Costs for Graduate Studies

The current tuition and fees are subject to change by the action of the Kansas Board of Regents or the state legislature. Please visit the Tuition and Fees page for specific tuition costs.

Tuition and fees are required to be paid each semester, either as one full payment or by setting up a payment plan with Financial Operations.   

International Students:

Below are cost estimates for both 12 month (Calendar year) and 9 month (Academic year). These estimates include 9 hours of enrollment for Fall and Spring each, and for the 12 month estimate, 6 hours of enrollment for Summer, all at the out-of-state tuition rate. These amounts do not included required housing and meal expenses for any dependents arriving with the student.

This will be the amount that must be shown on financial support documents before an I-20 will be issued and a final admit decision will be provided.


Academic Year
(9 months)
(18 credit hours)

Calendar Year
(12 months)
(24 credit hours)

Tuition and Fees



Housing and Meals



Books and Medical Insurance






*Effective Fall 2016, the MBA program is assessed at the Kansas Resident tuition rate, regardless of the student's residency status. For the MBA program, the above Tuition and Fees figures would be $6,710 ($17,244 total) for the 9 month program and $8,947 ($22,837) for the 12 months program.

Important Notes

The above figures for international students are averages and are subject to change. Summer enrollment is optional, however, if the Summer Session is the student's initial semester of enrollment. Summer Session enrollment is required during the student's first year. International students are required to have medical insurance. If students do not have medical insurance when they arrive, medical insurance may be purchased at the University. There may be additional fees assessed for specific courses or college, such as Engineering and Business. Visit the College & Departmental Fees page for details on the additional fees. Students should bring extra money for personal expenses (such as movies, museums, shopping, etc). Actual housing expenditures depend on: 1) whether or not the student lives on campus, and at which residence hall if the student does choose to live on campus, 2) whether or not the student has a roommate, and 3) the student's meal plan, if living on campus. Students are required to have a tuberculin skin test upon arrival.