James Sutherland Garvey Scholarship
for International Students
The Garvey family has a continuing tradition of supporting Wichita State University in pursuing international understanding and education. In recognition of the need to work toward global harmony, they have established an endowment fund with the Wichita State University Foundation. A part of this fund is set aside to benefit international students at WSU.
This scholarship competition is available to WSU undergraduate and graduate students who do not have a graduate assistantship. The following instructions are for eligible WSU international students who wish to compete for a $500 - $1,000 scholarship to be awarded as a WSU tuition credit:
This scholarship is awarded annually and cannot be renewed.
No recipient will be excluded from consideration based on race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Award(s) will be made with regard to financial need, campus/community involvement, academic achievement and the applicant's personal statement.
- Students who have not been a previous recipient of this scholarship.
- Students holding an F1 or J1 student visa.
- Full-time students (enrolled in 12 hours - if undergraduate and 9 hours- if graduate).
- Students who have completed at least one full semester (fall/spring) of academic coursework at Wichita State University.
- Graduate students must not hold a graduate assistantship during the semester of application.
- CGPA requirement of 3.0 or higher.
- Completed application and one reference letter must be submitted by Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Please have all reference letters sent by the referee to Tonya.Baldwin@wichita.edu.
Please complete the application below.