Flagd Header

Documents Related to Tax Return

Depending on whether or not you earned income in the U.S. in 2019, you may receive some of the following documents for tax filing purpose.

  • Form W-2: Wage and Tax Statement A tax form issued by the State of Kansas (employer) that summarizes wages paid and taxes withheld for a calendar year. It was sent in the mail on January 31. If you previously consented to view the W-2 through electronically, you will not receive a printed form. You will need to logon to the State of Kansas Employee Self Service Portal to view and print the form. Click here to find details on viewing and printing form W-2.
  • Form 1042-S: Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding A tax form issued by the university (employer) to nonresident aliens that summarizes taxable income and the corresponding tax withholding related to that income received by the nonresident aliens during a calendar year. Income reported on the form include salary or wages exempt under a tax treaty, fellowship payments, nonqualified scholarships, and prizes subject to tax withholding. This form shall be sent out by the State before March 1, please contact the Payroll Office if you have not received this form by March 15.
  • Form 1098-T: Tuition Statement This form is issued by the university to all students who enroll in classes at WSU for the purpose of claiming higher education tax credits. International students and scholars who are nonresident aliens for tax purposes are not eligible for these tax credits. If you are a nonresident alien, you can keep Form 1098-T for your records, but you will NOT NEED this form to prepare your income tax forms.
  • Form 1099-INT: Interest Income This form is issued by the bank to report interests you earned.

Return to Overview of U.S. Taxes