The Office of Admissions will provide exceptional service through the processing of admission files, planning and execution of recruitment activities and outreach, and connecting with the families of prospective of students on why and how Shocker Nation may be the best fit for them. We will champion the cause of prospective students through diligent efforts of campus and community-wide collaboration and communication, and we will perform with an ongoing desire to evolve and improve as the needs of our students change.
Each year our team processes more than 12,000 applications for multiple semesters of entry and typically enrolls more than 3,200 new Shockers.
To introduce a diverse population of students to all that Wichita State University can offer, through high-powered, student-centric and results-driven admissions and recruitment strategies.
The Office of Admissions will advance the university’s mission by engaging with and providing access to students from all walks-of-life, who will enroll and make progress toward their educational and professional goals.
The Office of Admissions strives to be the benchmark for exceptional service within the university community.
These core values will drive the decisions, practices and execution of activities for the Office of Admissions.
- Passion for Wichita State University in all that we do. Amongst academic instruction, applied learning experiences and student life opportunities, WSU can be the right fit for numerous students. We want to inform prospective students of how they can create themselves and be successful at WSU by preparing them for the next stop in their personal lives and professional careers.
- Attention to detail will be paramount in our numerous activities. Exercising attention to detail demonstrates to our prospective students and their families how important they are to us.
- Collect, analyze and utilize data in all decisions when and where possible. While evidence-based decision-making will be at the forefront of planning efforts, there will be instances where professional judgement will be necessary.
- Teamwork and productivity amongst our staff is critical. Demands on resources, time and talents of the staff are never-ending. In order to provide the best service possible, we will support one another, we will work relentlessly to reach goals and we will acknowledge and appreciate all staff, no matter how public or behind-the-scenes their roles are.
- Collaborate with our campus partners to emphasize the greater rewards of university-wide awareness, interest and contributions to the recruitment process. Every interaction between a prospective student and a WSU employee matters, no matter the context or duration. We want to leave positive and lasting impressions with our students.
- Progressive technologies and social media are utilized in internal business practices and recruitment efforts. Technology can reach students more efficiently and personally, while enhancing the professional abilities of the staff.
- An ongoing commitment to the healthy and mutually beneficial relationship between our office and the Wichita community. We will be public ambassadors who champion the university.
Our Code of Conduct
To promote confidence and awareness in the operation of our office, the admissions team has adopted the following principles to provide guidance to admissions staff relative to the administration of our duties.
- The Office of Admissions staff will provide an accurate representation of the Wichita State experience to prospective students and families.
- The Office of Admissions staff share the most updated information available about fees and expenses so that families can plan properly for their student’s higher education costs.
- The Office of Admissions staff proudly serves students and families of diverse backgrounds, residency status, academic abilities, income levels, military service and previous education obtained. Distinct strategies and services will be deployed for each audience as resources allow.
- The Office of Admissions staff will represent the university in an ethical manner with integrity, confidentiality and inclusiveness at the forefront of our work.
- The Office of Admissions staff will not be provided any financial incentives in the form of bonuses or commissions as the result of meeting recruitment targets, or accept any such rewards from families in exchange for access to university resources.
- The Office of Admissions staff subscribes to the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) practices and ethics.