- Student must be in 9th, 10th or 11th grade at the time of application.
- Student must attend a USD259 high school.
- Student should meet federal income guidelines and/or be a potential first-generation college graduate.
- Student should have an interest in one of the fields of communication (e.g. print journalism, radio or television broadcast, advertising, web design, events planning, strategic communication, public relations or business communication).
A completed application packet includes:
- Recommendation from a teacher or other mentor knowledgeable about student's interest in a field of communication/journalism
- Personal statement: a one-page essay about the student's personal goals (preferably relating to communication/journalism) and how he or she feels the CUB program can help with those goals
- Copy of transcripts (provided by the school)
Submitting your application
Potential applicants may submit their applications one of the following ways:
- Download the PDF or the Word document, print, fill out the information and mail or bring it to the CUB office. Find us on a campus map.
- Download the Word document, type in the information and email it to email@example.com. The application may be signed at a later date before an applicant is admitted into the program.
- Call 316-978-6731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an application to be mailed to you.