Find top-notch Shocker talent
Handshake is a database that connects Shockers looking for career opportunities to employers looking to hire. To post your positions, visit:
The Shocker Career Accelerator hosts on-campus career fairs throughout the academic year to give employers easy access to Shockers in every major. See an up-to-date list of our career fairs and events at:
Join a variety of employers in hosting interviews on campus for full-time, co-op and internship positions.
Your organization can contact us and request an info table anytime during the academic year. We’ll promote your table online, on social media, through email and on Handshake. Limit three tables per semester.
In some cases, hosting a Lunch-and-Learn or an Information Session can help grow your brand and inform students about your company or organization. We’ll promote your session online, on social media, through email and on Handshake. Ask us if this is a good option for you.
Register and post jobs: Handshake Instructions
- Post a part-time or full time jobs, internships and cooperative education positions
- Search for public resumes
- Utilize On Campus Interview Scheduling
- Register for career fairs
- Help Wichita State University students to put their education, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
1. VISIT: www.joinhandshake.com
3. VERIFY: Handshake will send you a verification email to the email you provided. Verify your account by clicking “Confirm Email” upon receiving it.
4. CONNECT WITH YOUR COMPANY: After confirming your email, if your company already exists, Handshake should prompt you to connect with your organization. You can also use a search bar to find your company, or click the “Create New Company” button.
5 CONNECT WITH WSU: Use the search bar to find "Wichita State University" and click the “+” to connect with us!
6. CONFIRMATION: Your connection will be reviewed by WSU Employer Relations staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you are now connected with WSU.
1. POST A JOB: Log in to Handshake and click “Post a Job” on your home dashboard. You will be asked to provide information in regards to the Job Basics, Job Details, and Job Preferences.
2. SCHOOL SELECTION: On the left side of the screen, you will be able to add schools. Click the “+” next to "Wichita State University" to add WSU!
3. CREATE: Choose “Create” on the bottom navigation to create and review your job. After entering your job details, you can preview your job posting (link is external) as students will see it.
4. CONFIRMATION: Your job posting will be reviewed by WSU Shocker Career Accelerator staff. Once reviewed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the position will be posted and available to WSU students and alumni.
Enrollment Data 2019-2020
Employer Recruitment Principles
The Wichita State University Shocker Career Accelerator is committed to working in the best interest of our students and employers. To assist you, we’ve established principles to ensure a professional, fair and ethical recruiting experience. By following these principles, your organization helps WSU create an equitable and successful recruiting program.
Employers who post career opportunities, attend career fairs, host information sessions or give presentations at WSU must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Employment Professionals (see more at naceweb.org/principles) and the University’s own principles.
Your collaboration with Wichita State University’s Shocker Career Accelerator for recruitment purposes means that you are required to report the names of any WSU student(s) hired for cooperative education and/or internship opportunities at your organization. We also expect that you will require students to enroll with our office should they accept a cooperative education or internship offer with your organization.
Wichita State University expects that you will treat WSU co-op students and interns with the same respect as any full-time employee within your employment organization. You are required to follow and abide by all State and Federal employment laws. Failure to do so may result in the WSU Shocker Career Accelerator refusing to work with your employment organization.
Employment professionals will refrain from any practice that improperly influences or affects acceptances, including applying unreasonable time pressure to accept an offer or encouraging the rejection of another offer. Employers will strive to communicate decisions to candidates within their agreed time frame.
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age (40 years or older), ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran. Retaliation against an individual filing or cooperating in a complaint process is also prohibited. Sexual misconduct, relationship violence and stalking are forms of sex discrimination and are prohibited under Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972. Complaints or concerns related to alleged discrimination may be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity or the Title IX Coordinator, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260, telephone 316-978-3187.
Alcohol may not take any part in the recruitment process — on or off campus. All events, including receptions, dinners, company tours and information sessions, must be alcohol-free.
Employment professionals must maintain the confidentiality of all student information. There should be no disclosure of student information without the student’s prior written consent, unless necessitated by health or safety considerations.
Those who administer, evaluate and interpret assessment tools, tests and technology should be qualified to do so. Employment professionals must inform potential recruits, in a timely fashion, of the type and purpose of any test, as well as who will receive the results. All tests should be reviewed for disparate impact, career relatedness and compliance with fair employment practices.
If you are a third-party recruiter, you must disclose your client’s name in the job description box on Handshake. All job posting requests made without the client’s name will receive an email requesting that information. If an update to the job posting is not made within 48 hours, it will be deleted.
Third-party recruiters are eligible to participate in our career fair ONLY IF they are recruiting for their own respective organization OR they explicitly state their client’s name when they register and during the fair. The WSU Shocker Career Accelerator reserves the right to deny access to any third-party employer.
Temporary agencies/staffing services are employers, not third-party recruiters, and are expected to comply with the professional conduct principles set forth for employer professionals.
Cancellation of an interview session, info session, or info table should be done as early as possible. Also see individual cancellation policies for specific events.