The Hub serves as the statewide locus for evolving information, training and education in cyber defense, privacy and cyber awareness. The Hub connects the educational and training needs of the corporate and small business community, state and local government, and the military, to the expertise and resources within the cybersecurity academic community at WSU.
The Hub provides a venue for:
- Traditional degree offerings within the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department and the Engineering Technology program that includes entrepreneurial minded hands-on security exercises in cybersecurity labs.
- Curriculum delivered by experienced faculty.
- Exceptional faculty whose expertise is in cyber-physical systems, communication security, networking security, and cloud security.
- Access to highly motivated cybersecurity graduate and undergraduate students for internships, co-operative experience, and industry posed projects.
- Engineering Technology's Cybersecurity Range Lab to support instruction and hands-on entrepreneurially minded problem solving related to cyber defense, located on 3rd floor Wallace Hall.
Future focus areas:
- Market-based and badge courses designed to meet the evolving security needs of private and public sectors (healthcare, education, banking, aviation, law enforcement, hospitality and entertainment industry), and slated toward the economic demographics of the region.
- Deep learning through stackable certificates.
- Venues and platforms (physical and virtual) for use by the community of cybersecurity professionals from business, other institutions of higher learning, city government, law enforcement and WSU - to discuss and share strategies for next generation threat intelligence, hold special topics sessions for the public on subjects such as – “what to do if you've been breached”, and “how to protect systems for traveling workforce”, and introduce a speaker series of world renowned experts in the field.
- Advanced Cyber-Range to host coding/network defense/penetration competitions, lab demonstrations and promote open source collaboration of current techniques relating to ethical hacking and defense of networks.