Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, most in-person advising has been switched to on-line or phone advising. Please email your advisor first for an appointment, rather than trying for walk-in hours.
Advising & Registration Procedures for Current Students
The College of Engineering believes that student academic advising is important to the success of every engineering student. Each semester, students must meet with a college representative to plan their upcoming semester schedule and register in courses.This page provides information on advising and registration procedures for current undergraduate Mechanical Engineering (ME) students.
- Note: First-year students admitted directly out of high school receive advising and registration help from First year advisors in the OneStop Student Services office (click here to go to their website).
ME department procedures for advising and registration are outlined as follows:
- Find out who is your advisor. You may only receive advising from your listed advisor. Go to your 'myWSU' page. Go to myClasses page. Make sure you are on the correct semester.
- Schedule an advising meeting with your advisor by email.
- If Lena Lamei, our ME Student Academic Success Advisor, is your advisor, she has walk in hours Tuesdays from 12:30-2:00pm, and Thursdays from 9:00-10:30am or by email (Click here to request an appointment)
- Other students will meet with their faculty advisor. Click here to find all of the faculty advisor`s info.
- ME 662 is a last semester class. If you are enrolling in ME 662, you should also complete an Application for Degree (AFD), via the link in your myWSU portal. Senior checks should be done the semester before you enroll in ME 662, and are done with Dr. T.S. Ravi, Department Chair. His walk-in office hours for students are Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00am-1:00pm.
Schedule your advising meeting as soon as classes open for preview for the next semester! Don't wait until the last minute! Advising and enrollment options diminish quickly!
Feel free to contact the ME office if you have questions 316-978-3402.