Special Research Fellowships - Student Travel
Applications for the 2019-20 academic year are now being accepted for professional meetings and conferences occurring after July 1. We cannot consider requests for past events. Additional funding for travel is available through the SGA for students presenting research. Please visit SGA website for more information.
In order to encourage research among graduate students and to recognize their scholarly achievement, the Graduate School awards special travel fellowships to students who present the results of their research at professional meetings and conferences.
In order to be considered for a special travel fellowship, students must:
- Be in good academic standing in a graduate degree program at time of conference
- Have an approved Plan of Study on file (unless fewer than 12 hours have been accumulated)
- Submit proof that the presentation has been accepted for presentation at a professional meeting or conference
- Have not received this award in the preceding 12 months
- Submit the application form for the travel fellowship
Please note that funding is limited; it is possible that those who apply and meet all criterion will not receive a travel fellowship if the funding for that term has been exhausted.