Limited submission programs have sponsor restrictions on the number of proposals that may be submitted by a single institution and often times will require an internal competition to determine which applications move forward and are submitted to the sponsor. When an internal competition is needed, the Associate Vice President for Research will convene a committee to review pre-proposals and recommend which proposal moves forward on behalf of WSU. In order to be eligible to compete for a limited submission opportunity, you much notify the Office of Research at email@example.com by the internal deadline.
As applicable, pre-proposal requirements include the following:
- The name of the Principal Investigator (PI)
- A list of all Co-PIs
- A brief project summary
- Is this a resubmission to the same program? If yes, describe the reviews from the previous submission and how the criticisms will be addressed.
- Your project’s unique qualifications making you the best candidate to pursue this opportunity
- List of potential users
- Cost sharing: the Research Office will provide 1/3 of the 30% cost share needed in cash. Please describe how the remaining 2/3 of the 30% cost share will be generated.
- Sustainability: funding and mechanism for maintenance of the instrument during and especially after the timeline of the grant
State of Kansas Request for Proposal opportunities often have quick turnaround times and are limited to 1 submission per institution. If you are interested in being added to our notification list for this or other opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your areas of interest.
As always, PI should contact the Office of Research at email@example.com ASAP when interested in applying for any external funding opportunity.