Students last enrolled at WSU as a degree-bound student more than two (2) years ago must have their status reactivated with the Office of the Registrar. Undergraduate students who receive a bachelor's degree must also have their status reactivated after graduation if they choose to pursue further undergraduate courses.

Undergraduate or graduate students who have been dismissed, must apply for readmission with their academic college.

Students whose previous enrollment was only non-degree (college guest, high school guest, non-degree open or general non-degree) must apply through the appropriate Admissions Office for degree-bound admission.

Students last enrolled at WSU in Graduate School

Graduate students who were in good academic standing when last enrolled at WSU may re-enter in that same program. Graduate students who have previous undergraduate hours at WSU and who now wish to be enrolled again as undergraduates must first get released from the Graduate School Office. Once released from the Graduate School, students should reactivate through the Office of the Registrar. Graduate students who have never been enrolled as undergraduates at WSU and now want to be, should apply through the Admissions Office. A former undergraduate student who has been dismissed by the Graduate School may be reactivated to undergraduate standing without petitioning for readmission. In such cases only the reactivation is required (a release is not needed).

Because of changes in program requirements, periods of non-enrollment may result in the need to complete an application for readmission to the program. Contact the Graduate School at (316) 978- 3095 to determine if readmission is needed instead of reactivation.

Students last enrolled at WSU as an undergraduate

Degree-Bound Students

Students working toward a degree at WSU who have attended another college or university since last attending WSU must have one official transcript from each school attended sent directly to the Registrar's Office. Such transcripts must be received at WSU before the student may register for classes.

Transcripts must be mailed directly to the Office of the Registrar, hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or sent electronically by providers such as the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment, etc. Reactivation applications will not be completed until all transcripts have been received.

Students who do not meet the minimum grade point average for the major chosen on their reactivation application will be placed into an undecided major within the Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

Students who do not have a 2.0 overall grade point average will be reactivated on probation and into an undecided major within the Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. For more information on probation standing at WSU, please visit the catalog.

Non-Degree-Bound Students

Students who do not wish to pursue a degree at WSU may be reactivated as a college guest, general non-degree student or as a non-degree open student.

In order to be eligible for non-degree open, you must qualify for one of the below:

  1. You have not attended any school (including WSU) for two years;
  2. You are currently on active military duty; or
  3. You hold a baccalaureate or higher degree.

If you are returning to WSU as a degree-bound student for the first time, you must apply through the appropriate Admissions Office.

To Reactivate Your File:

Click here if you know your myWSU ID and password to log in and begin the process.

Click here if you do not have or do not know your myWSU ID and password to complete the WSU security access process. Once you have obtained your myWSU ID and password, please follow the instructions above.

Requests for reactivation can be submitted online or in person at 117 Jardine Hall, WSU West, or WSU South.