International Student Insurance
Per WSU Policy 8.08, International Students are required to have Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant health insurance during their school career at Wichita State University.
UHCSR student insurance is contracted by the Kansas Board of Regents as a health insurance option for students. You will automatically be charged for this medical insurance unless you have already purchased and can show proof of ACA compliant insurance. It is recommended to confirm your enrollment in this plan for quicker access to services.
MEDICAL INSURANCE THROUGH WSU
Insurance Provider: UnitedHealthcare Student Resources
Coverage: Plan Benefits and Exclusions
Cost per Year: $2,260 (2020-2021)
Confirm UHCSR SHIP Plan: Confirm enrollment in UHCSR plan
Set up UHCSR account and Print Insurance Card: UHCSR Instructions
* Due to COVID-19 there are some changes in availability of the UHCSR insurance during the Summer Session 2020. Students fall into one of these categories:
- Living OVERSEAS and NOT ENROLLED in class - Do not buy insurance through WSU
- Living OVERSEAS and ENROLLED in class - You will be charged for insurance automatically. You should email WSU3rdParty@wichita.edu to request a form that will allow you to receive an insurance waiver since you will be living outside the U.S.
- Living in the U.S. and ENROLLED in classes - You will be charged for insurance automatically. If you think you might qualify for an insurance waiver, please follow the instruction in the email that ECI sent to you recently.
- Living in the U.S. and NOT ENROLLED in classes - it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to purchase medical insurance! To purchase insurance for the summer, you must complete a form and pay the insurance premium on UnitedHealthcare's website.
MEDICAL INSURANCE THROUGH ANOTHER PROVIDER
Coverage: General Insurance Requirements
Insurance Waivers: Request a Waiver *A new waiver request and supporting insurance documentation must be submitted each semester by the deadline.
MEDICAL EVACUATION AND REPATRIATION COVERAGE
This is a special insurance policy for students whose regular medical insurance meets our coverage requirements but lacks medical evacuation and repatriation (MedEvac) coverage.
BETINS International Health and Travel Insurance
Student Health Services is no longer processing the insurance waivers for International
Students who wish to participate in this process. WSU has contracted with ECI Services
to process all waivers. We are still available to answer policy based questions.
ECI Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions regarding the new health insurance criteria, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding health insurance requirements.
You can set up your UHCSR account after the 20th day of classes or if you have confirmed your enrollment you can print your cards after 48 hours.
As always, if you have any questions regarding the insurance or coverage available, call UHCSR at 1-800-767-0700 for assistance.