A Unique Opportunity for Campus Residents
A Living Learning Community (LLC) is a group of students who choose to live together to enjoy a built-in support system of mentoring, networking, and an overall enhanced sense of community. LLC students also get a jump start in creating connections within their academic college. Research shows that students in LLCs feel connected earlier, make friends more easily, perform better in classes, and graduate at higher rates than students who choose not to live in LLCs.
Living Learning Communities offer unique opportunities for campus residents. At Wichita State University, we offer several types of living learning communities so you can choose the best fit for you. Please use the links below to learn more about each community we offer.
How do I sign up to live in an LLC?
To apply for a Living Learning Community, be sure to list your community preference on your housing application. Students are placed in LLCs based on preference and availability. In order for your Living Learning Community application to be officially submitted, you must agree to all program requirements of the Living Learning Community and pay a $60 annual membership fee. The membership fee covers LLC related events and iniatives throughout the year, in addition to a new StrengthsQuest leadership program!
In collaboration with the Office of Student Involvement, each LLC will work through the StrengthsQuest leadership program. StrengthsQuest revolves around the Clifton Strengths Leadership Style Inventory, in which each student learns their top 5 talent themes and how to use these strengths to best maximize their potential as an individual and as a member of a team. As a participant, each LLC member will receive:
- An access code to complete the StrengthsQuest assessment
- Access to the StrengthsQuest portal- students can access their Strengths reports as well as use goal setting technology
- Strengths related training sessions
- Strengths swag including a t-shirt and door decorations
Overall LLC Goals:
- Develop a sense of belonging at Wichita State University
- Provide a space for purposeful engagement amongst faculty and staff beyond the classroom
- Build a community of peers to help with academic and social adjustment to college life
Have Questions about LLCs? Please Contact Us!
Housing and Residence Life LLC Coordinator: Lauren Wilson
316-978-5999 or at firstname.lastname@example.org