Who can file a complaint/incident report?
Anyone who believes they have been subjected to acts that violate his/her rights, welfare or individual dignity. The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards (SCCS) will review written complaints and determine if there is a potential violation of the Student Code of Conduct.

How will I be notified of a complaint against me?
When a complaint has been filed and a potential violation of the Code may have occurred, SCCS will mail or email a letter scheduling the Respondent a time to meet for an informational meeting. Students are expected to maintain up to date current and permanent addresses with Wichita State University at all times. Students are also expected to regularly check their WSU email account.

Respondents failing to check the WSU email account, maintain up to date addresses or check their mailboxes are still responsible for all materials sent to the Respondent. SCCS is responsible for making a reasonable effort to properly deliver materials to the Respondent's address.

What is going to happen to me when I find out that I am being referred to Student Conduct?
You will receive a letter from this office instructing you to appear for an informational meeting. It is important that you attend the informational meeting in order to provide your side of the situation. Ignoring the situation will NOT make it go away. Failure to be present for the scheduled informational meeting may result in a decision based on the information in the complaint and any subsequent investigation. View an outline of the entire process.

If I admit to a violation will it keep me from going to professional or graduate school, or from getting a job?
A single violation will NOT ruin one's life. As an educational institution, the primary goal of the campus conduct process is to help students learn from their mistakes. Conduct records are confidential and generally cannot be released to others without the Respondent's consent.

What if I did not know the rules?
Every student is responsible for knowing the policies of Wichita State University. View the Student Code of Conduct.

Why do I have a hold preventing me from registering, adding or dropping?
A university hold is used when students fail to comply with the directions from SCCS. Usually this is failing to complete the sanctions as assigned. Unless there are unusual circumstances, holds will not be released until all sanctions are satisfactorily complete.

What happens if I fail to complete a mandatory sanction?
Failing to complete a required sanction is a serious offense at Wichita State University. It is considered an additional violation of the Student Code of Conduct, and could result in more serious sanctions. When a Respondent fails to complete the sanctions as assigned, a hold will be placed on the student account that will prevent conducting any business with WSU including future class registration, adding, and dropping classes.

If the violation also involves a local, state or federal law, can I also be referred to the University's conduct system?
Yes. Students have a separate relationship with the University in which violations of University rules and procedures are handled separately from any civil or criminal action.