Admissions - Fall 2020
To apply for the Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene program at Wichita State University, mail or deliver your completed application to the Department of Dental Hygiene office.
The application deadline is Nov. 13, 2020 by 5 p.m.
Note: Please ensure the application has a 2020 watermark. If it does not, please clear the cache on your computer or open the application in a different browser.
Requirements for Admission
- Be admitted to WSU.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.75 and WSU GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Have no grade lower than a grade that generates 2.00 credit points per credit hour in any of the specified required courses.
- Identified prerequisites must be completed by the end of the spring semester prior to starting the dental hygiene program, as well as at least 4 of the 6 general education courses.
- Chemistry, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology and Nutrition courses should be no more than 10 years old. Pharmacology courses should be no more than 5 years old.
- Selected applicants will be invited to an on-site interview with program faculty in late February.
- Applicants must be able to meet the Academic and Technical Standards.
- Accepted applicants, at their own expense, must pass a background check prior to beginning the program.
All information and transcripts received become the property of the Dental Hygiene
department and cannot be sent elsewhere or returned. A new application is necessary each
year a candidate wants to be considered.
If an applicant rejects or cancels an offered position at any time prior to starting the program, the individual is required to reapply to be considered for admission at a future date.
Need additional information?
If you are a current undergraduate student at Wichita State, OR if you plan on taking courses at Wichita State, contact the College of Health Professions Student Advising Center with questions about:
- What major is right for you
- How to enroll in prerequisite courses
- Transcript reviews
- Course equivalency
- Application process
CHP Advising Center
If you are not a current or prospective undergraduate student at Wichita State, please contact the Dental Hygiene department with questions.
Learn more about the Dental Hygiene program at Wichita State by attending an information session.