Our student staff members support all aspects of our work here in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. We do our best to make your job as rewarding and pleasant as possible. You will be called upon to perform a variety of tasks for the office and help you become familiar with the programs and services our office offers.
Under general supervision, this student position performs duties required to ensure continued smooth development and implementation of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s marketing, department development and public relations plans. Responsibilities include all areas directly related to the quality of the operation of the office including customer service, marketing, social media and creative design. All other responsibilities that are indirectly related are, but not limited to, maintaining the cleanliness of the office, security, visitor records, assisting with set-up and tear-down of events and programming, ongoing monitoring of activity within the office during hours of operation, picking up and distributing promotional signage and other duties as assigned and necessary.
The position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing efforts in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s marketing, department development and public relations plan
- Assist in the creation of promotional signage, digital banners and mock-ups
- Assist in the distribution of marketing materials
- Provide support to social media platforms
- Utilize University visual standards to enhance marketing and website efforts
- Maintains a cheerful attitude and demonstrates an eagerness to serve visitors to the office
- Knowledgeable of current and upcoming programs and events in order to answer visitor questions or inquiries
- Maintain visitor records and encourages visitors to sign-in via electronic database
- Maintain cleanliness to the office, including workspace
- Knowledgeable of technical troubleshooting, such as computer usage, printer usage and other technology not listed
- Communicate with communications and marketing specialist of all upcoming projects
- Reports all drafts to the specialist to ensure quality assurance
- Carry out all tasks and responsibilities delegated by supervisor
- Take initiative in suggesting and assisting with projects that might contribute to improving operations and procedures
- Keep all matters confidential
Federal Work-Study is preferred, but not required for this position.
Those interested in this position must complete the aforementioned employment application
and submit a copy of their resume and a copy of their class schedule. All application
materials should be submitted in person directly to a staff member in Rhatigan Student
Center 208 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact Quang Nguyen at email@example.com.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at Wichita State University
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Federal Work-Study
- Federal Work-Study can vary on each available position. Read the position descriptions associated to each opening.
- Availability for up to 20 hours per week during office hours of operation
- Availability must be from Monday-Friday (occasional evening/weekend hours may be needed for campus events)
- Required Qualifications
- Required Qualifications can vary on each available position. Read the position descriptions associated to each opening.
- Requires sustained seeing, hearing and sitting
- Requires occasional carrying, feeling/touching, handling, holding, pulling, pushing, standing, stooping, bending and walking
- Must be able to occasionally lift or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Other Qualifications
- Ability to understand and articulate issues of multiculturalism, cross-cultural communication, racism, sexism, homophobia, classism, ableism, religious oppression, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on current events and the effects on the populations the Office of Diversity and Inclusion serve
- Comfortable working with diverse and underrepresented populations
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage time and multiple projects
- Proven experience to work cooperatively as a team
- Work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and the community to which the University serves
- Comfortable with one-on-one and group interactions, while using public speaking skills