University Assessment Data [UAD]:
University Assessment Data (UAD) provides access to university data collection efforts, overseen by the Office of Assessment, pertaining to assessment and accreditation requirements. These data encompass student, program and university level initiatives aimed at assessing and improving performance including reporting to accrediting agencies such as the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Examples of UAD reports and analysis:
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) data assets and reports.
- WSU Graduation Partnership initiatives.
- Survey data including the Student Exit and Alumni surveys, the Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA) surveys and GradesFirst surveys.
- Performance dashboards including the Foresight2020 and WSU Performance Agreements.
- State mandated agreements such as the Kansas Senate Bill 127 Engineering Degrees Initiative.
- Studies on General Education learning outcomes.
KBOR & WSU Program Review & Self Study [UAD]:
- Program Review Self Study Fiscal Year 2014
- Program Review Self Study Fiscal Year 2015
- Program Review Self Study Fiscal Year 2016
- Program Review Self Study Fiscal Year 2017
- Program Review Self Study Fiscal Year 2018
KBOR Performance Agreements [UAD]:
Every three years the university sets performance agreements with the Kansas Board of Regents; progress is tracked throughout the 3 years, with reports provided to KBOR at the end of each calendar year. See below for the most recent performance agreements:
KBOR Foresight 2020 [UAD]:
In September of 2010, the Kansas Board of Regents approved a 10 year strategic plan for the state's postsecdondary institutions, with measurable goals to be achieved by the year 2020:
Kansas Board of Regents Undergraduate Advising Survey [UAD]:
The Kansas Board of Regents conducts an annual survey regarding undergraduate student academic advising. The survey begins the first Monday in November every year and ends after the first Monday in December. The survey consists of 16 questions, all student indentities are kept confidential, and the aggregate results are shared with advisors, faculty, deans and the Kansas Board of Regents.
- Kansas Board of Regents Advising Survey Instrument
- Kansas Board of Regents Advising Survey Fall 2012
- Kansas Board of Regents Advising Survey Fall 2013
- Kansas Board of Regents Advising Survey Fall 2014
- Kansas Board of Regents Advising Survey Fall 2015
- Kansas Board of Regents Advising Survey Fall 2016
- Kansas Board of Regents Advising Survey Fall 2017
Institutional Peers Data [UAD]:
- WSU Peer Institutions List
- WSU Peer Institutions Comparative Metrics
- WSU Peer Institutions Methodology
- Kansas Regents Institutions
External Reporting Data [ERD]:
External reporting data includes federal and state reports as well as any data requested by outside entities or individuals.
- Federal reports include data submitted to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Database System (IPEDS), surveys conducted by the National Science Foundation, the Department of Education, and data needed for grant-based programs such as the TRIO programs.
- State reports include official enrollment numbers reported to the Kansas Board of Regents, the Kansas Postsecondary Database, Faculty Reports and Program Review.
- Outside entities include individuals with open records acts that have been approved by the general counsel's office, profit & non-profit agencies, proprietary surveys such as US News & World Report, College Board, Peterson's and also conducts the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) and the Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (FSSE).
Common Data Set [ERD]:
The Common Data Set contains a variety of data about Wichita State University, and is also used by many other universities, which provides the same reporting standards for all universities.
- 2015-2016 Common Data Set
- 2016-2017 Common Data Set
- 2017-2018 Common Data Set
- 2018-2019 Common Data Set
- 2019-2020 Common Data Set
Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System [ERD]:
The Integrated Postsecondary Education System or IPEDS, is operated by the National Center for Educational Statistics. Aggregate information is collected from all colleges, universities, and technical/vocational schools that receive federal student financial aid.
KBOR Program Review [ERD]:
Program Review is conducted by the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR); please see the document below from KBOR regarding Program Review:
All documents related to the Program Review process can be found at:
- http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=shockerassessment&p=/ProcessforProgramReview/ (this link leaves the OPA website)
National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) [ERD]:
- NSSE 2013 Engagement Indicators Report
- NSSE 2013 High Impact Practices Report
- NSSE 2015 Engagement Indicators Report
- NSSE 2015 High Impact Practices Report
- NSSE 2017 Engagement Indicators Report
- NSSE 2017 High Impact Practices Report
- NSSE 2019 Engagement Indicators Report
- NSSE 2019 High Impact Practices Report
NSSE Fall 2013 Assessment Symposium Presentation can be found on the "About Us" page of the OPA website.