Students define success differently. Our office helps students maximize their academic potential and reach their personal goals through a range of programs and services, regardless of personal background. Our
goal is to help students develop skills and plans to graduate in a timely manner while engaging
with our community of learners.
Student Success remains our number one priority.
As classes move online for the rest of the semester, services are still available
for students. While your experience may be different now, we hope you choose to embrace
the change and continue to work hard to be successful. If you were taking face-to-face
classes, we will be with you to help you transition to online work. We have a number
of resources available online and virtually.
We have transitioned the following services to Zoom appointments:
- Success Coach appointments (find your Success Coach here and call or email to schedule an appointment, or request an appointment from myWSU)
- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction sessions (contact your current tutor for information,
check Blackboard if your course has SI, or request a tutor from myWSU)
- Tax assistance (call 978-3254 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment)
- New students to Wichita State this summer and fall can find the most recent information
about Orientation here.
- Study skills and strategies can be found here, including information about time management.
Many departments are creating strategies to help students as you transition to online
instruction. In addition to our resources, we encourage you to connect with others
such as your academic advisors in your colleges, the university library system, and your faculty and instructors.
To learn about the most recent information regarding the changes, please visit www.wichita.edu/covid19news and look through the FAQs. Information such as adjusted academic deadlines and polices,
how to transition to online instruction, etc. are found there.
Stay safe, stay healthy and see you in (online) class again March 30!
Our goals include helping students:
- transition successfully to WSU
- improve academic performance and achieve academic excellence
- set and achieve personal goals
- build confidence and resilience in the face of challenge
- develop financial literacy skills
- participate in campus programs that improve student satisfaction