Student Involvement Ambassadors
The Student Involvement Ambassadors serve as a resource for Student Involvement and Wichita State University students, exemplifying a broad knowledge of campus culture, programs, policies and procedure. The ambassadors' goal is to show the amazing benefits of getting involved on campus, as well as highlighting the offices and programs that are great resources for students. They contribute to the office in many ways by promoting involvement at orientation tables, facilitating campus visits, recording voiceovers for online trainings, marketing SI events, developing programs and by getting more students involved on campus.
What they do!
- SI Ambassadors represent Student Involvement at recruitment events like Senior Days, Junior Days, and Black and Yellow Days. This may include tabling at a fair or presenting about ways to be involved on campus.
- All year long potential new Shockers visit campus seeking to learn more about what WSU offers. Ambassadors meet with many of those students in a one-on-one conversation highlighting the many opportunities for students to make friends, get involved and have a rewarding co-curricular experience.
- The 'Get Involved' consulting program is lead by SI Ambassadors to connect students with involvement opportunities, programs and campus resources.
- SI Ambassadors can be seen around campus presenting in classrooms, at student organization meetings or in the Residence Halls. They are encouraging current Shockers to be involved, enhance their campus experience and find the best fit for them.
- Marketing the programs and services of Student Involvement is done through hosting open houses, tabling at campus fairs or visiting with individuals in a group or one-one capacity.
- Ambassadors work with established student organizations to share with them the resources and services that are offered by Student Involvement.
- Ambassadors help with and support programs like Nuts & Bolts, the Toast and the Shocker Leadership Awards.
Student Involvement Ambassadors have the opportunity to share their involvement stories with prospective and current students. Do you know someone with a story worth sharing? Do you know someone who would excel at communicating the value of involvement to others? Consider nominating an outstanding student to serve as a Student Involvement Ambassador!