Computer assistance FAQ
- I'm confused about who to contact for help with my computer. What do I do?
- Why create a ticket instead of contacting a technician directly?
- What will happen when I contact the Help Desk for assistance with my computer?
- How will I be able to follow up on the status of my ticket?
- Can I find the progress of my ticket online?
- How do I know for sure a ticket has been created?
• For all technology related issues the Technology Help Desk at 978-4357, Option 4,
should be the first point of contact.
• Call the Technology Help Desk at 978-4357, Option 4 if you are unsure of what number to call. Contacting OneStop for technology related questions will delay assistance.
The ticket will allow the Desktop Support Manager to assign your ticket to the support staff member who is available, can best address the problem, and independently monitor the situation. Also, the ticket is a record that can significantly speed up resolution if the problem recurs.
The Help Desk will create a ticket describing the problem, and document your contact information. Record the ticket number given by the Help Desk, or sent to you in your email. This will allow speedy tracking.
A tracking number will be assigned that will aid the owner, and Desktop Support in following your job. You can contact the Help Desk and give them that number to follow up.
You can check the progress of your ticket at any time by clicking on the TDClient link in the email that includes your TDX (TeamDynamix) ticket information. You can also edit the ticket to include additional information.
You will automatically receive an email at your wichita.edu email address when the ticket is created.