Setting up your myWSU account for the first time
New employees will need the following pieces of information:
- myWSU ID number.
- Your personal email address.
Use the following steps to set up your myWSU account:
- Go to http://mywsu.wichita.edu.
- Click "Manage your password".
- Click "Forgot/Setup Password".
- Type your personal email in the left box, your myWSU ID in the right box, and click Email Security Code once.
- Check your personal email. Once you receive the security code, type it in the left box under Step 3, along with your myWSU ID in the right box.
- Click "Continue".
- Type your new password in the "New Password" and "Confirm New Password" box, and click "Change Password".
- Choose and answer three security questions.
- It is highly recommended to type a personal email address under account recovery.
Rules for making passwords:
- Passwords should be at least 8, and no more than 16 characters long.
- Passwords may not contain spaces, punctuation, or special characters.
- Passwords must begin with a letter.
- Passwords must contain at least one number.
- Passwords must contain upper and lower case letters.
- You can never reuse a password you have used before in myWSU.